Sunday, April 17, 2011

keeping up

Here we are a little over a week from Nick's 1st birthday and his birthday party. The past week was pretty great. I feel a little more stress free getting the birthday party out of the way. And the nice weather makes for good moods too!!
So this past week on thursday we tried real whole milk for the 1st time, He didn't even notice the difference which is a really good thing. I put it in his bottle for a few feedings while I shopped for some new sippy cups that I thought he might really like putting his new milk in, we were do in for some new big boy sippy cups because his other ones were 6months plus.
Well the new sippy cups he likes, but only to sip water, i tried the milk in there and he just literally sips, doesn't down the whole 6oz of milk like he does in his bottle....so I guess this is where the challenge begins.
I cant complain, I think we have been pretty lucky with him, his teething has never been bad, or any other new introductions like new foods he always takes to easily too, there was bound to be a challenge lol!! But im not worried and im not gonna pressure him, i know this is doable, doc said it could take at least 3 months and we are barely on 3 days..so we have time!
He is also walking, taking slow baby steps, short distances, he is doing very well im proud of him, he is gaining more confidence. The other day was hilarious because he was using his little plastic bat as a cane sort of and he walked from the living room to the kitchen !! HA!!
He ejoys watching his daddy work on yard stuff outside, he loves playing with cars and drives them all around the house. lets just say he knows how to make a mess, but its ok, I actually kinda love when I put him to bed and I come back to the living room to clean it up and it just makes me happy to see all the toys he plays with. I really do enjoy being mommy to this awesome sweet boy!! He is just the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment