Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Post delivery!

I'm back in recovery room. Julian comes back with pictures and my sister in law mysister and my aunt Graciela come in to congradulate us. Nurses wheel Nicolas in and let me feed him, then they take him away to give him a bath. I am taken to a new room and my parents and inlaws ad sibilings come to our room waiting for nurses to bring Nicolas from his bath, well 8pm o'clock comes and I call the nursery and they tell me they have to keep him because turns out he swallowed his poop ad they need to monitor his breathing!!

The family leaves disappointed. And im freaking out because I can't get out of bed to go see my baby! I'm still hooked up to iv and a catheder(sp?). I didn't get to see Nick until the next day at 5pm. But I did ask for a breast pump because I did want to breastfeed! Julian and a nurse helped me get out of bed an wheeled me into the Nicu to see my baby boy! It felt so good to finally see him but he had to stay in the nicu. But I did request they called me down for every feeding because I wanted to feed him.

So every 3hrs my wonderful husband helped me out of bed because oh boy was i sore from the c-section!! And he wheeled me to the nicu to feed our baby and spend time with him. I could feel us bonding as mommy and son! He ended up having to stay a full week!! Taking antibiotics and xrays to make sure his lungs were clear! Good thing i got to room in the hospital too if I would have had to go home andnleave Nick there I would have slept out in my car!! We were lucky our last 2nites there he got to stay in the room with us =).

No comments:

Post a Comment